Monday, August 25, 2008

black and white and a hint of red


is the theme at G.A. this weekend. A wonderful theme chosen by hostess Chrissie Rollins. It gave me a bit of trouble as most of my images are in colour or sepia coloured but not many are black and white and i think I only have the one with red. I'm so glad I found it!! LOL

The background of the arch is a picture I took of one of the trees that are outside our windows. When they bloom in the spring, they are absolutely gorgeous with small white blossoms in bunches all over the canopy. But because there was too much sky showing and too much green from the leaves, I greyscaled it in Photoshop, along with the picture of the Eiffel Tower and there was my B&W!! The text is CG.

Hope you like it!

16 comments:

CreativSpirit said...

Hi Mary-Beth

ust wanted to let you know that I have nominated you for "I Love Your Blog" award at: http://creativspirit.blogspot.com/
because your blog is one of my fave places to visit.

Rob

Chriss Rollins said...

Hello Mary-Beth,
I am sooo glad that you found this image too it is fabulous and your background soooo original.
the whole piece is a stunning work of ART.
thank YOU so much for taking on this challenge.
chriss x

Susie Campbell (Sue Smith) said...

Stunning! The red, white and black combination is wonderful!

Astrid Maclean said...

Stunning Arch mary Beth, and the girl with her red head gear is very very striking.
Love it!

vintage wil said...

beautiful arch !!!!

Judy said...

What a wonderful composed arch, Mary-Beth, clever use of your photo too!
JudyNZ

Anonymous said...

Beautiful piece !!! The love the image of the lady.

Anonymous said...

OOH - gorgeous arch! I love the Eiffel Tower image Great angle.

Anonymous said...

Wow!!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous arch!!!

Willy said...

Wonderful arch!

Moira said...

This is truly lovely, how nice to be able to use your own flowers in a piece too

Rika said...

What a great arch!!

Heather Robinson said...

Mary-Beth! This is divine!! I love the use of the floral background behind the Eiffel tower and the oh so beautiful lady in red. Bravo for taking the challenge and meeting it with bravado! Thank you so much for giving me yet another award...I feel very honoured indeed.

Frieda Oxenham said...

Lovely arch with that really french je ne sais quoi. Love the way you've used the picture of the blossom!

Ed said...

I love your arch - the background is stunning.