Wednesday, April 09, 2008

arches!!!!

I have missed doing the Gothic arch challenge for 2 weeks and I really missed it!!

Therefore, for this weeks challenge by Nellie, By The Sea, I have created 2 arches. One in an oriental theme using one of my favourite images, I just love the feel of it. And a humorous one, I must have a sick sense of humour, cuz that's where my brain goes whenever something's not working out the way I had planned. The bathing beauties got caught in the rain. This reminds me of my childhood when we went to the beach at Point Pelee when it was nice and sunny, only to be totally clouded over 2 hrs later and have to make a mad dash to pick up all the stuff and get to the car. I don't know why we didn't want to get wet in the rain, we already were!!! LOL

Hope you like them!
the raindrops are made with Liquid Crystal which I dropped on the paper and tried to drag into a drop shape.

24 comments:

Debby said...

This is fabulous.
Debby

Anonymous said...

Beautiful arches, so différent !

Femmy said...

fabulous!!!! love how the bird comes out of the top!!!!

Anonymous said...

These are great!

Faye said...

Mary-Beth, both of your arches are wonderful. You did a great job.

Judy said...

Both of your arches are really stunning, Mary Beth, especially the Asian one!
JudyNZ

Sandy said...

Wow they are so wonderful. Fabulous arches. Love it.

Anonymous said...

your arches are both great! the second is very funny ... and thanks for you story of your childhood :-)

Janny said...

They are both beautiful, nice that Liquid Crystal!

Anonymous said...

love your arches !

Kati said...

Wow - the first one is great!!! What a wave - I love it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The second one isn't my way - but it is funny.

Anonymous said...

there are two wonderful arch ! I prefered the second but the bird in the first one is wonderful ! GREAT

Anonymous said...

Thes are great..
the upper one ist my favorite

Anonymous said...

Mary-Beth...these arches are wonderful. The first one is gorgeous and I love your thinking on the second one. We were just at the beach last Sunday when we had to leave because of rain :)

Anonymous said...

Both are gorgeous!!!

evanyberg said...

Lovely arches!!

tchoucreation said...

wow!! wonderful arche! great work!!

Heather Robinson said...

Like them, I love them, Mary-Beth! Both are so different and so unique. I love the sense of the rocking of waves in the first and the wonderful background for the bathing beauties in the second!! Robins rock, by the way!

For the life of me said...

lovely arches xx

Deborah March said...

Utterly, artistically, imaginatively SPECTACULAR!

*jean* said...

Great arches! The japanese woodblock one is really fab! I love the girls in the rain, just so fun!!

carylsrealm said...

These are stunning!

Vintage Papers said...

I love both of these M-B! I understand about not having time to blog - I wish there was a magic wand that could help us find more art time and blog time! :)

stampandscrap@mail.com said...

I adore both of your Arches . but I think the oriental one is my very very favorite although the other is stunning as well