Sunday, February 11, 2007

mini cd book

I joined a Valentine Mingle on byhandartists yahoo group whereby each person was to send a card or atc or something, in the valentine theme to another person and receive something from yet another person. I had no idea what I was going to do. I'm not in the atc mood right now and not into making jewelery either. I wanted to do something different. But what???!!!!

Then I checked out one of my fave blogs, Vicki Bridges, in my links list, and she had done this gorgeous cd book! AH HA! The light bulb went on! LOL I had these wonderful mini cds that my DH had given me, he knows what I like, LOL so I sat for a day or 2 and thought about it. This is what I came up with! Enjoy and please let me know what you think.




I got together some paper that I liked, printed out some images that I have collected, mostly from Dover Sampler, pulled out some wonderful charms I've had for a while, and pulled out the hearts!! LOL The text is cg printed on some CP Watercolour paper that I had 'aged' with walnut ink. I adhered almost everything with UHU glue stick, love that stuff, but I used silicone to put the charms on. I drilled 3 holes in each cd, made DH laugh while he was watching me, 2 for the ribbon hinge and one on the opposite side for the 'tab' ribbon.

I had a lot of fun with this and I'm pretty sure I'm going to do some more with the regular size cd. .... as soon as I get caught up on everything! (sigh)

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

Leni said...

nice.

NormaB said...

These CDs are really beautiful. What a wonderful idea.

Gillian said...

Completely Wonderful... what a treasure! love all of those beautiful images and you have used them perfectly Mary-Beth...

Vicki Bridges said...

how adorable Mary Beth! The mini CDs are wonderful for this project, who doesn't love minitures? I love everything about it, great job!

Elis Cooke said...

Hi Mary Beth
This is really cool! the different tones of red look great together! namaste Elis.

Anonymous said...

Mary Beth
Your CD book is spectacular

Linda Tanaka

Kathy said...

This is lovely Mary-Beth, I love the aged look and those gorgeous pics.